My beloved husband, Kent, died in January 2012, 3 years after diagnosis of a brain tumour. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter 3 months old. He and I were far too young. I am now hurtling through the black space of life without him.

Monday 22 October 2012

Grey Street

I have only now been brave enough to listen to this.

I've thought of this woman many, many times over many, many years, and never in a million of those could I have imagined I would become her.

Here's the link:  Grey Street - Dave Matthews Band

I realise you will be somewhat distracted from the lyrics by the utter brilliance of the musicians. If you haven't seen these guys before, just a warning, you are about to step on to holy ground (and you will spend the rest of the night watching them on You Tube).

3 comments:

  1. 'Am I supposed to take it on myself
    To get out of this place?'

    No. We're here too.

    Love you.
    xt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kent once burned some DMB onto a CD for us - my first foray into their musical brilliance. This is the song I most remember. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your Mum send me the link to the Jim Morra interview- stunningly well done!
    Would like to follow you as life is always about learning- so that by the help that we have received, we can help others.

    You are one brave young widow- I have so often prayed for you [and Kent before he died]
    My prayer for you is this that the Spirit will lead you through whatever He wills to shape and mold you into who He wants you to be for God's glory in you and through you. I want so much for you to live in God's grace, and then to extend it to others. I encourage you to be a champion in the body of Christ. I think of how amazing we'd make Jesus look when if we did that- how others would "know we are Christians by our love." I know that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion. I rejoice in all He has planned for you in Christ Jesus.


    My prayer for you is that God will be your God in every circumstance. I pray that in every season of your life you will seek Him, rely on Him, press into Him. I pray that you will be rooted in God your God, so that when things do not make sense, you will know deep that HE IS GOD, and HE'S GOT THIS. I pray in the name of Jesus, Who is the WAY, the TRUTH, the LIFE. Amen.

    Love, 32nd cousin, Mary :)



    ReplyDelete