My beloved husband, Kent, died in January 2012, 3 years after diagnosis of a brain tumour. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter 3 months old. He and I were far too young. I am now hurtling through the black space of life without him.

Sunday 24 June 2012

Conversation

My husband died in a terrible accident.
Really?
Yes, it was awful.
Were you in it too?
Yes, I saw the whole thing happen. It was like it happened in slow motion before my very eyes. I saw what was coming and couldn't do anything about it.
Were you hurt?
Yes. Crippled for life.
For life?
They say I will be scarred for life, not crippled. But I'm not so sure. Anyway, if I can't walk beside him, where on earth would I want to go?
Perhaps walk with your children?
Yes, yes. But it will hurt.
Yes, yes. It will.

No comments:

Post a Comment