My beloved husband, Kent, died in January 2012, 3 years after diagnosis of a brain tumour. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter 3 months old. He and I were far too young. I am now hurtling through the black space of life without him.

Thursday 19 April 2012

In an Accident

I was gobsmacked to be asked, sometime in February, what I had been up to and what my plans were now. What have I been up to? I've just been hit by a truck and actually I'm still under the wheels and bleeding and you want to know what I've been up to???

You see even though we were told the truck was coming and we were going to be hit, that doesn't make it hurt any less. And let it be said loud and clear: Just because it was expected doesn't make it acceptable. In fact I'll say it again: Just because Kent's death was expected, that does not make it acceptable. This was not meant to be. This was not supposed to happen. This illness was an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment